Whether it's communicating with clients or remote workers, it has never been easier to work on-the-go. Yet, with how easy it seems to manage a team remotely, somehow you have found yourself wasting time and effort in organizing, planning, and tracking your projects. You want to manage billable hours, employee timesheets, and project deadlines but you need the flexibility to work with your remote team.
These are the most basic operations of a business... they shouldn't be difficult, right?
You know that they need to be accomplished one way or another, the question is how and at what cost to your time and energy. Fortunately, there are entire software packages dedicated to helping you manage these simple business operations automatically and seamlessly, from anywhere, at any time.
Use the following 11 cloud-based employee time tracking and project management solutions to conduct more business rather than focusing on timesheets and billable hours.
"Hassle free time tracking"
Replicon makes it easy for customers to track time, resource, and project data so that companies can understand their performance at a far deeper level. The software is simple to use, mobile, and makes it easy to keep costs down and reduce compliance risk. Billing hours and managed resources can be monitored from the beginning of projects to the end on a single platform.
- Track all billable time from clients while efficiently managing resources
- Gain more accurate insights into time and costs associated with projects for better forecasting of future tasks
- Make it easy to track employee time and attendance to remain in compliance with all applicable regulations
This cloud based application makes it easy for employees to use on the go, helping to ensure accurate recordings for all projects and bring all time information to a single online program. The customizable options allow companies to adapt the settings to their unique needs.
"Time tracking your employees will love"
TSheets is collaborative software that lets companies track their employees' time, automatically sync it with QuickBooks, and take care of their billing management in a single process. It eliminates the need for paper time sheets, which often get lost, late, or misunderstood. TSheets automatically logs in time, makes it easy for employees to specify exactly what they are working on, and makes billing significantly smoother. The program provides straight data and reports, making everyone from bookkeepers to accountants happy.
- Track payroll online, eliminating paper time cards, and easily sync with QuickBooks
- Tracking apps that work with iPhones, Android, computers, laptops, and tablets to make checking in convenient
- Easily see who is working on what project in real time no matter where the might be
Features like GPS tracking make it easy for employers to see exactly where everyone is for better project management, while employees never have to struggle to log their time and projects no matter where they might be working from.
"Insanely simple time tracking. Toggl kills timesheets."
Toggl makes it easy to track time and projects for everyone in the office. Employees can designate projects they need to tackle and simply click to start and stop tracking. Each entry can be tagged with a different client, project, and task as well as whether or not it is billable. It can be used online or offline and will give the user an instant breakdown of where their day goes in a number of different user friendly charts that are easy to view.
- Runs on desktop or mobile for easy on-the-go or in office time tracking
- Offers real time sync, and can even work offline, syncing to the cloud one the device is reconnected
- Automatically remembers computer usage, making it easy to see what programs were used in case a user forgets to start or stop a timer
Toggl offers free, basic accounts for users to get started with. Now customers can start experiencing the convenience of Toggl without paying a cent. If they love it, they can upgrade to more features with a regular account.
"Spend less time tracking and more time doing."
Harvest gives companies the tools to track their projects and their employees’ time to make sure that everyone stays on track and on budget. This keeps the business moving forward while also making it easier to estimate time and cost for future projects. The better these estimates can be made, the easier it will be for the company to ensure their profitability. The program offers over 50 business apps designed to simplify the workflow in every stage, from project management to accounting.
- Easily create and track invoicing with apps that make it easy to record time, snap pictures of receipts, and more
- Create and send invoices entirely online while also accepting payments through online systems such as Paypal or Stripe
- Use real-time access to monitor projects to keep the on time and on budget
Harvest makes it exceptionally easy to stay on top of employee time tracking. With the capacity to track tie through the platform on PCs, Macs, mobile devices, desktop widgets, or even Twitter, Gmail or Zendesk, there have never been more options. Automatic reminders can even be sent out to remind employees to submit timesheets.
"Easy online employee attendance tracking."
TrackSmart allows companies to easily track their employees’ time and attendance through intuitive, virtual timesheets. Time off can be requested directly through the program, with the approval process being simple and straightforward. Employers can run reports that will tell them about any scheduling conflicts, making it easy to optimize the workforce and avoid potential problems. The program will also create a single calendar that companies can use to display all time off as well as important days such as birthdays, anniversaries, and business events to help keep everyone on the same page.
- Get intelligent reporting about time off for each employee, including how much they have taken and how much they have left
- Easily request and approve time off
- Track all attendance records and customize the program to meet the needs of the organization
Companies who sign up to use TrackSmart get more than just an attendance tracker, they also gain access to the unique community and support area where they can interact with other professionals using the program as well as the TrackSmart team.
"Timesheets and project management for creative companies"
TimeFox is an easy-to-use timesheet and project tracking system that can be used by small to large companies. There is nothing to install, clients simple connect to an account on a professional grade server. The company works well on Macs as well as PCs, and even has a team dedicated to Mac support. Overall, TimeFox works to keep their software straightforward and easy to use without unnecessary ‘bells and whistles’ so that clients can get the information they need and keep moving forward in their industry.
- Get instant updates and unlimited, free support to make sure the program works well
- Work with no contracts or upfront fees, companies have the freedom to cancel at any time and get money back if they were not satisfied
- Select the right package and price to fit the needs of the company
The program is designed for creative based businesses, and since FunctionFox has connections to advertising and design as well, they understand the unique needs of creative firms. They have worked to create a product that meets these needs and continue to look for ways to improve.
"Simple and intuitive platform makes reporting payroll and managing employees a breeze."
CaptainClock makes it easy for organizations to track employees and their progress from just about anywhere. Employers can assign tasks or communicate with workers intuitively and seamlessly while employees can clock their time and projects. Businesses find that they can reduce their time spent focusing on payroll by over 80 percent, which helps companies of all sizes save money and time. The bookkeeping software makes tracking work time easy and reports for payroll can be created in just seconds.
- Eliminate the waste and frustration associated with inaccurate employee time reporting
- Assign tasks to employees with no effort and communicate with them remotely
- Reduce the time, energy, and resources spent doing payroll each month
Setting up a new employee only requires creating a new login and schedule, which takes seconds. The information is sent to the employee and the new worker has been added to the system.
"Transform the way you optimize your workforce"
NimbleSchedule works to provide customers with time saving and cost saving software that can be used for everything from basic schedule to complex tasks. It promises to reduce scheduling errors, improve communication and engagement, and eliminate headaches associated with timing reports. With mobile applications and built in communication tools, employers and can communicate with employees, manage schedules, view and approve scheduling trades and requests, and unify the workforce within a single system. From scheduling meetings to tracking resources, NimbleSchedule is designed to make the process simple. Maintenance and updates are handled automatically to keep the system working smoothly.
- Easily sync the platform with Google Calendar and MS Outlook to help keep everyone on the same page
- Improve employee morale by encouraging them to be involved in the scheduling process and increasing communication
- Manage organization results with customized customer reports on statistics, hours, costs, and performance to gain improved insight
The intuitive platform is designed to be easy to use regardless of how technologically proficient the user is. With drag-and-drop as well as point-and-click features, the platform keeps everyone working well together.
"Accurate. Error free. Time saving."
Intuit Payroll is time tracking software designed to fully integrate with Intuit Online Payroll, which makes it easy for the accounting office to generate paychecks directly from the information input into the system. The time clock authentication process along with the intuitive and secure platforms prevents employee abuse and double entry while also helping companies stay fully compliant with state and federal regulatory guidelines. Organizations can save time and money through automatic time calculations.
- Customize data form depending upon organizational needs
- Reduce time and resources spent calculating and checking payroll
- Easily integrate information with Intuit Online Payroll
Intuit Payroll offers organizations two timing options: an online timesheet or an online time clock. With the timesheet, employees enter their hours online at any time on a password-protected platform. With the time clock, employees’ punch in and out and the system tracks their working hours. The two options make it easy for organizations to choose the system that works best for them.
"Web-based time tracking, project management, billing."
BillQuick offers several different packages to make it easy for companies to select the program that will work best for their company. The platform easily records time and expenses used for particular projects, and can use that information to develop easy-to-view reports and profiles for clients and activities. The information can also be used to generate invoices and bill clients. BillQuick can work on PCs, Macs, and Smartphones through apps for iPhone and Android devices.
- Monitor projects instantly to see if any are overspending or going over budget
- Track employee resources and time while also remaining fully DCAA compliant
- Develop invoices and bills and automatically follow standard billing rules to send invoices to clients with just a single click
BillQuick makes it easy to process invoices for different clients thanks to the number of different billing options available. There are over 150 different templates and invoice types available, and the system will automatically keep the organization compliant with standard billing rules while also printing pre-billing reports. Billing has never been simpler.
"Manage your time and expenses in the cloud."
ClickTime makes it easy to track the time and projects of both in office and distance workers. The timesheets are easy to use and allow employers to track who is working on what projects at various times. This makes it easy to allocate resources and to verify that employees are working on the right projects at the right time. The cloud-based solution makes it easy for local and remote workers to log their time and expenses, while employers can monitor it, wherever they might be. The approach cuts costs and headaches regardless of the size of the company.
- Cut costs without worrying about a server, database, or needing extra support staff
- Use the system seamlessly regardless of how many users are needed
- Stay up to date with easy to read displays of employee projects and time management
It is easy to customize reports that can be used again and again. Clients can use the Report Builder to design exactly what they want to track and save the report to be used again. ClickTime makes it easy to keep track of projects and budgets to keep the organization on track.
Looking for more resources?
- Learn more about Enterprise Resource Planning What the Heck is ERP Software?
- Find the best CRM for your small business: Best CRM for Small Business.
- Get the 5 Top Recurring Billing Apps for Your Business.
Let the community know about your ecommerce experience in the comment section below!
Questions, comments, or corrections related to the content of this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org